Sunday, January 29, 2017

Digital Blog Post #C

Hello, my name is Anthony Torres. First things first, I would like to apologize to my professor for misnaming the blog EME 2020 when the name of the class is actually EME 2040. Really my whole name for the blog is inaccurate, but for now I hope it will do.



I am going to talk about chapter three in the textbook, or module four online, and what I have learned from each. I will try and use my own knowledge, but as this is an introductory course and merely the beginning, I will most likely use plenty of sources and cite them appropriately.

One huge concept I learned both in this class and psychology is the concept of behaviorism. In this course we focus on how this concept can help learning. The concept of behaviorism is to present the learner with " explicit and planned stimuli"(Maloy, 49).The primary tasks involved with this learning strategy are those of  memory and recall.
I made this cartoon to attempt to explain behaviorism as a learning concept. As you can see, the boy was completing an online math assessment.  He completed this assessment, and as he did he instantly felt more confidence in his math ability and for an upcoming quiz.

The next concept for me to explain is Cognitivism has a focus that is,  as the book describes it on page 49,  " On program design and interaction.""The teacher is the coach,facilitator,and partner." Essentially cognitivism makes it critical to have the student interact with and enjoy the assessment while thinking critically. The teacher tailors to individual learning needs, is there to answer questions, and to control the group of students.
This kind of describes cognivitism but I personally do not think I fully captured the concept without physically teaching a student.


One more concept I found especially important was the  Teacher- Centered learning approaches to learning. Teacher centered approaches often times come with the expectation that students will use the information taught to them. This approach often goes by different names such as information processing and emphasizes teachers instructing children in the most effective and efficient ways as possible .






Resources: 
Toondoo.com
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment